Our client is a leading City firm who has instructed us to conduct a team search as part of which they are wanting to secure a newly qualified solicitor to work in their leading and established private wealth team.
Their Private Client Department has maintained a leading reputation for providing tax, trust and succession planning advice to a wide range of individuals, families and trustees with onshore and offshore interest.
Our client is looking to recruit a talented newly qualified solicitor to cover a broad range of private client mattes including:-
- to be an integral member of the Administration of Estates team, which deals with a wide range of high value and/or complex estates many of which are multi-jurisdictional;
- to advise on estate planning for predominantly a broad range of UK clients, including drafting Wills and Trusts;
- assist with the administration of long running and complex trusts;
- preparation of Lasting Powers of Attorney and Court of Protection work;
- personal tax advice for UK and non-UK individuals.
The successful candidate will have a range of experience as outlined above as well as:-
- Trained at a well regarded law firm ideally with a focus on private wealth;
- Strong intellectual and analytical abilities;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Experience of drafting and technical research;
- Ability to take direction from senior members of the team, with an enthusiasm to develop;
- Good commercial understanding and ability to apply legal principles to client circumstances in a commercially aware manner;
- Effective management of client expectations and high levels of client service;
- Good organisational skills, record keeping and file management;
- Advanced IT skills with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook;
- Willingness to get involved and act as a team player on client matters and provide general departmental support;
- An organised and accurate approach to work;
- Strong motivation and ambition to succeed.
Candidates who meet the above criteria are encouraged to apply by emailing a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.